8. Evaluation criteria and Grading System
||Non-continuous evaluation *
||Each mid-term exam (one per term) is divided in five exams distributed along the semester. These periodic exams will consist of a theoretical part (contents exposed in the master classes) and a practical part (resolution of exercises). The evaluation of the student's knowledge through these exams is automatically equivalent to the ordinary call or final test(and substitutes it).
||The final test is an alternative to mid-term exams
||Except for official cause and duly justified by the student, their completion is mandatory, and the student must succeed in this part in order to succeed in the subject. The student must carry out at least one Mechanics and one Electromagnetism experience, write the respective reports and, later, publicly expose or defend the conclusions of above works.
According to art. 4 of the UCLM Student Evaluation Regulations, it must be provided to students who cannot regularly attend face-to-face training activities the passing of the subject, having the right (art. 12.2) to be globally graded, in 2 annual calls per subject , an ordinary and an extraordinary one (evaluating 100% of the competences).
Evaluation criteria for the final exam:
The course is divided into two semesters: Mechanics and Electromagnetism.
To be evaluated in the ordinary call, the student must select one of the following itineraries (although no change can be made once the second term starts):
1) Evaluation through mid-term exams (see above). Each semester includes practical and theoretical controls, their grade being the weighted average of these exercises (each teacher will detail this weight on the first day of class). Subsequently, the final grade for the course will be the average of each semester as long as marks equal to or greater than four have been obtained in both parts. The course will be considered approved when the final grade is equal to or greater than five. This mark corresponds to the 80% of the final mark, with the other 20 % corresponding to the mark obtained in the laboratory sessions.
2) Evaluation through the final exam. )It is described below).
Regardless of the chosen itinerary, only once the ordinary call has been approved will the laboratory practice grade be taken into account to calculate the final grade in the certificate. In any case, the student must succeed also in the laboratory sessions in order to successfully pass the subject.
On the official date of the ordinary call, the student must take an exam (called final test) divided into two parts, as many as semesters. In each of them, you must answer two practical exercises and various theoretical questions according to the subject's syllabus. The final grade of the final test will be the average of both parts, provided that both equals or exceeds four. If that qualification is equal or higher than five, that mark corresponds to the 80% of the final mark and the other 20% corresponds to the laboratory sessions. If the student has not performed the laboratory sessions (only due to a duly justified cause), the student must additionally take a theoretical-practical laboratory exam. Once this laboratory test has been passed, its marks gives the 20% of the final mark (corresponding to the laboratory sessions)
Specifications for the resit/retake exam:
The extraordinary exam will be of the same type as the final exam of the ordinary call (Mechanics and Electromagnetism, with theoretical and practical questions).
Students who have not succeeded in the ordinary call must appear in addition to this final exam (extraordinary call). As considered, the student can sit the full exam, or only to the part of the semester where the previous grade was less than four.
For the students who did not perform the laboratory sessions (due to a duly justified cause) and who had not succesfully passed the theoretical-practical laboratory exam of the ordinary call, a new theoretical-practical laboratory exam will be offered to them.
The rest of the evaluation criteria are identical to those of the ordinary call.
Specifications for the second resit / retake exam:
The design of the written test and its evaluation criteria are the same as in the ordinary call (non-continuous option).